Sunday, March 8, 2009

C2C, another flop?

I recently went to the new restaurant in town, C2C. My friend and I were just driving back to Lucknow after some work near Barabanki, and we were hungry, just then we saw this place near Politechnic crossoing on Faizabad road. It is on the road, but also blink and you miss kind of place. But when as we entered, we were surpised to find a place which was at par with its metro counterparts.
Although, we had visited the place for a late lunch, but the ambience was still good. It was like one of those hot May afternoons. It is getting so hot these days, and its still March. The decor was done wonderfully in white leather chairs and sofas. Another thing that you notice immediately when you enter the place is that there is glass everywhere. Almost all the walls and have mirrors, and I mean in a good way.
The menu is a mix of Thai, Oriental (Chinease), and Italian. Of course there is Indian and continental too for those who don't want to experiment. The service is good, and some of my inquries about the dishes were answered with patience and in detail. By the time our order arrived, we were really starving because it took about 25min. for our order of fried rice and deluxe vegetable manchurian to arrive. The food was at only as good, but you expect a lot more, with the prices you are paying.
Overall, I'd give it 6 on 10 for the ambience and variety on the menu. But this place does drive home the point that Lucknow is ready for such uber class restaurants. It started out with Barbecue Nation, the their was Yoko Sizzlers, now C2C. But my favourite remains Barbeque.

4 comments:

  1. Gud 1 Jatin...u described very well...it seems a nice place to visit...i dont see any -ve reason for its failure...atleast at a place like LKO...well, pic is nice too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gaurav, but I feel that the quality of food is the most basic reason behind the sucess of an eatery, which still needs a lot to be desired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jatin,
    Could you share the number of C2C? Cant find it online - just found an ad but the number is barely visible..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too agree with all comments about C2C .I am vijay from Moon Infosystem, Lucknow (IT solution Provider). Firstly I went there to consult the IT Solutions to promote their existence, quality of the food & presentation which was really wonderful .After taking a dinner with my family I believed, that is the only class fine & dine restaurant in lucknow.
    Vijay Mishra
    Moon Infosystem
    www.mooninfosystem.com

    ReplyDelete