Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spring Summer 2009

Now, before all of you this is not a post about the couture or the lack of it that everyone in town is talking about. I am talking about the weather and how it has morphed into something unpredictable lately. The afternoons are hot; so much so that we are left sweating like pigs and reaching for the AC remote. The evenings are pleasant and the mornings are cool. In fact, mornings are so cool that even when I get out of bed at 8:30am, I am sneezing non stop.

Anyway, I believe, it is the next best weather to Autumn that you can have. And its not just me who is saying this. It is a resonating opinion within my small circle of friends. Even mother nature seems to be prolonging the spring. With the spring flowers still blooming in the parks, and people sitting under trees as the Loo (not to be mistaken for the modern refernce to the toilet) has still not picked up as much. It is like the good old days when after final exams, and before the onset of the new session, we would go for morning walks play badminton in the park (without the net of course). The skates, Frisbee, the works. And their were no mobiles, so even if we were late, no worries as short of someone coming to yank us back home, there was not a care in the world. And yes, most of the people in the parks were either from our neighbourhood or friends of the family. So even if we were being naughty, it didn't go unnoticed or unreported.

I am sorry if I got a little carried away, but suddenly I feel a sudden rush of nostalgia. So, lets see, where were we? Ah yes, the weather! What got me thinking about the weather was this beautifully done park in the middle of the colony, in front of my friend and partners' house. It seemed like a hidden away place surrounded by row houses and bungalows. The gardeners won't allow anyone to come inside, lest they pick flowers. I think they are afraid that someone might disturb the peace, or scare the nesting young birds who have hatched from the egg recently.

Simply put, it is still spring, but summer is just around the corner. In other words, spring summer 2009. I must say here, that geographically speaking as well, Lucknow is well placed to have the best weather too, With no extremes of temprature as other parts of the country experience. Another reason why, I love Lucknow.

1 comment:

  1. nice description dude well i must say nw i desperately wnt 2 cum dere

    ReplyDelete